Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Thomas Kettenbach <tk...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/06 14:25:32 UTC

AMQP to JMS message mapping for arbitrary message annotations

Hi,

a colleague is using Apache QPID JMS to consume our data services hosted on
a RabbitMQ using AMQP1.0 protocol. We're publishing the messages using qpid
proton c++ binding, and thus are flexible and utilizing the AMQP1.0
features.

In some of our AMQP1.0 messages we are including arbitrary properties to
the "message-annotations", e.g. Content-MD5 for message verification.

On a qpid-proton consumer implemented in python, we're easily accessing the
message-annotation for example:

    AnnotationDict({symbol('Content-MD5'): '<some hex number>'})

Using Qpid JMS, it is not easily accessible. My colleague mentioned some
"Java Reflection magic".

How are your thoughts on adding arbitrary properties, e.g. Message
Verification checksums, etc. to AMQP messages in a hybrid environment? Are
there any best practices or usage guidelines?

BR,
Thomas

Re: AMQP to JMS message mapping for arbitrary message annotations

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
You can either use reflection magic as you put it, or you can take a
squint at using the JMSMessage.getFacade() method and the
TraceableMessage#getTracingAnnotation method its return value
implements.