Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Sergey Kabashnyuk <Se...@exoplatform.com> on 2010/03/31 14:51:43 UTC

Re: QueryPagingTest.testQueryPaging: wrong properties' names

Thank Florent for you response.

I have several questions to you.

1. Can you point me the place in SQL-92 spec where said that "the
column and table names should be compared in a case-insensitive
manner"
2. Properties with names "cmis:ObjectId" and "cmis:oBjectID" is the
same and values should be stored in one place?

Sergey Kabashnyuk

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Sergey Kabashnyuk
<Se...@exoplatform.com> wrote:
> Thank Florent for you response.
>
> I have several questions to you.
>
> 1. Can you point me the place in SQL-92 spec where said that "the
> column and table names should be compared in a case-insensitive
> manner"

SQL-92 § 5.2 <token> and <separator> Syntax Rules say:

         10)The <identifier body> of a <regular identifier> is equivalent
            to an <identifier body> in which every letter that is a lower-
            case letter is replaced by the equivalent upper-case letter
            or letters. This treatment includes determination of equiva-
            lence, representation in the Information and Definition Schemas,
            representation in the diagnostics area, and similar uses.
and:
         12)Two <regular identifier>s are equivalent if their <identifier
            body>s, considered as the repetition of a <character string
            literal> that specifies a <character set specification> of
            SQL_TEXT, compare equally according to the comparison rules
            in Subclause 8.2, "<comparison predicate>".
and:
         13)A <regular identifier> and a <delimited identifier> are equiva-
            lent if the <identifier body> of the <regular identifier> (with
            every letter that is a lower-case letter replaced by the equiva-
            lent upper-case letter or letters) and the <delimited identifier
            body> of the <delimited identifier> (with all occurrences of
            <quote> replaced by <quote symbol> and all occurrences of <dou-
            blequote symbol> replaced by <double quote>), considered as
            the repetition of a <character string literal> that specifies a
            <character set specification> of SQL_TEXT and an implementation-
            defined collation that is sensitive to case, compare equally
            according to the comparison rules in Subclause 8.2, "<comparison
            predicate>".
and:
         14)Two <delimited identifier>s are equivalent if their <delimited
            identifier body>s (with all occurrences of <quote> replaced
            by <quote symbol> and all occurrences of <doublequote symbol>
            replaced by <doublequote>), considered as the repetition of a
            <character string literal> that specifies a <character set spec-
            ification> of SQL_TEXT and an implementation-defined collation
            that is sensitive to case, compare equally according to the
            comparison rules in Subclause 8.2, "<comparison predicate>".

> 2. Properties with names "cmis:ObjectId" and "cmis:oBjectID" is the
> same and values should be stored in one place?

At the CMISQL level they should be treated the same, because we're
talking about "query names". At the simple API level they are normal
property names, everything is case sensitive.

Florent