Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by He...@systema.com on 2019/10/07 06:51:54 UTC

Antwort: Re: mqtt adapter roadmap

Hello Tim,

I'm working  with ActiveMQ 5. Artemis was out of scope for me up to now.
If Artemis is supporting MQTT5, I would like to know this, too.

Regards

Herbert

Von:    "Tim Bain" <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
An:     "ActiveMQ Users" <us...@activemq.apache.org>
Datum:  04.10.2019 21:22
Betreff:        Re: mqtt adapter roadmap

Is your question about ActiveMQ 5.x, or about Artemis?

Tim

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 9:12 AM <He...@systema.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can somebody say, if it is planned to support MQTTv5 adapter in
ActiveMQ?
> I found a similar question in the archives with answers pointing to
jetty.
> But I do not see, what jetty has to do with that.
> Thank You!
>
> Herbert

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: mqtt adapter roadmap

Posted by He...@systema.com.
Hi Folks,

Thank you for the answers.
I was re-implementing our application driver with MQTT Version 5 libs and
found it way better to use.
But I'm affraid there will be some impact on the broker side.
And if you do not want to break things, both protocols must be supported
for a while.
For the time being I will keep using MQTT 3.1.1 clients.

Regards

Herbert

Von:    "jbonofre" <jb...@nanthrax.net>
An:     users@activemq.apache.org
Datum:  07.10.2019 15:07
Betreff:        Re: Antwort: Re: mqtt adapter roadmap

Hi

It was just a tentative, not a blocker. Anyway I can always do the MQTT
update in next releases.

Regarding Karaf/OSGi, I already fixed it (features, deps, etc). The PR
will
come tonight or tomorrow.

Then I will move forward on the 5.16.x release.

Regards
JB

--
Sent from:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-f2341805.html

Re: Antwort: Re: mqtt adapter roadmap

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
There is no way that MQTT 5 is going to make it into 5.16.0.  5.16.0 is
already way passed due in my opinion and adding support for a new protocol
version is a ton of work.  The only reason I haven't started a release for
5.16.0 is because of some issues with JDK 11 (specifically with OSGI/Karaf)
but otherwise there shouldn't be any blockers on it.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Herbert,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré