Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2015/11/02 22:59:48 UTC

Re: Git with Eclipse

Due to Sebastien and Daan's help, I have been able to create a pull
request for a small change to the docs.
https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Working_with_remote_Repositories was
also a great help.
It took me a few attempts to get a push to my github repo working but it
finally worked.

Eclipse/STS is pretty good for editing docs since it has an ReST editor
that provides an outline for documents.
I would like to have a Maven plug-in for Sphinx but I am not sure about
everyone else so it might be tricky to integrate it into my workflow
without affecting the master on git.

If anyone has a chance to look at the pull request and let me know if I
got it right, that would be reassuring.

Ron

Re: Git with Eclipse

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.
It is just a small change to see if I can get the process to work.
It is an attempt to clarify a section that I found a bit hard to
understand so I hope that it does make that section easier to read for
the next person.

There is a lot more information in the 4.4 Design Docs which includes
changes made in the 4.5 release which is a bit confusing.
I am not sure how important this stuff is and wonder if some of the
material about GPUs needs to be included in the Admin documentation as a
statement of how they work in the current version rather than asking
people to search through all of the design notes to find out how GPUs
are handled .

Ron

Re: Git with Eclipse

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.