Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Fenbers <ma...@noaa.gov> on 2015/10/02 18:01:12 UTC

NullPointerException

Greetings!

Attached is a snippet from solrconfig.xml pertaining to my spellcheck
efforts.  When I use the Admin UI (v5.3.0), and check the
spellcheck.build box, I get a NullPointerException stacktrace.  The
actual stacktrace is at the bottom of the attachment.  The
FileBasedSpellChecker.build is clearly the problem, but I cannot figure
out why.  /usr/share/dict/words exists and has global read permissions.
I displayed the file and see no issues (i.e., one word per line)
although some "words" are a string of digits, but that shouldn't matter.

Does my snippet give any clues about why I would get this error? Is my
stripped down configuration missing something, perhaps?

Mark