Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Joel Cairney <jo...@caseware.com> on 2012/05/22 16:32:29 UTC

How long is the beta?

Hi all,

How long will shindig 2.5.0 be in beta?  I probably won't be able to
convince my company to upgrade to the latest shindig for some features
we need until 2.5.0 is out of beta.

Joel

RE: How long is the beta?

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

I am not a committer or on the PMC, so I am not speaking authoritatively; however, I understand the situation to be the following:

The general concept is to align the Shindig releases with the OpenSocial Specification.  The 2.5 Specification is due to be released in the June/July timeframe.  Once all of those features are fully supported in Shindig and it is "ready" for release as 2.5, I think the plan is to drop the beta tag, release it and move on to 3.0.