Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2007/10/08 11:31:39 UTC

[SCM] wrong password problem

Hi all,
I don't understand if I should post this message on SCM ml or here...

I'm trying to run a simple "mvn scm:status" command on a test project on
CVS.

My scm group is right, in fact mvn scm:validate tell me that the connection
string is valid.

In my connection I specify password in plain text, but in the console I see:
Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:PRISMA_ENG+gambelli@gea:/data/cvs/test -n
-q update -d
[INFO] Working directory: C:\projects\maven\MvCommonCvs
org.netbeans.lib.cvsclient.connection.AuthenticationException: Wrong
Password.

Note that in the console the password is not reported....

But, If I copy the command above:
cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:PRISMA_ENG+gambelli@gea:/data/cvs/test -n -q update
-d
and if I add manually the password after the : and before @ the command
works fine!

WHY MVN SCM DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF MY PASSWORD OMITTING IT WHEN IT EXECUTES
CVS COMMANDS?

Thank you very much in advance,
best regards
Raffaele

Re: [SCM] wrong password problem

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
RESOLVED!
I have deleted the .cvspass in my HOME then all has worked fine!

Does somone know the reason?

Regards
Raffaele