Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sorin Marti <ma...@semafor.ch> on 2002/12/16 10:14:52 UTC

Transforming XML with XSL and Cocoon

Hi all,

I am a newbie with cocoon. I've got some troubles and hope you can help me.

I've got an XML-File, its DTD and an XSL-File. I think they are all
well-formed and valid.

In the XML-File I declared:
Cocoon-process-type:   <?cocoon process type="xslt"?>
the Stylesheet location:  <?xml stylesheet href="energiebericht.xsl?
type="text/xsl"?>
the doctype:                    <!DOCTYPE energiebericht SYSTEM
"energiebericht.dtd">

In the XSL-File I declared:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:key name="energien" match="energietraeger" use="beschreibung"/>

I use:
cocoon 2.0.4
jakarta tomcat 4.1.12
jdk 1.3.1

now I want to try to look view my XML-file in the browser
(http://localhost:8080/cocoon/energie/energiebericht-70-99.xml)
and I get following error:

  Cocoon 2 - Resource not found

type resource-not-found

messageResource not found

descriptionThe requested URI "/cocoon/energie/energiebericht-70-99.xml"
was not found.

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/energie/energiebericht-70-99.xml

path-info

energie/energiebericht-70-99.xml

What's  wrong?

Thanks for any advice

Sorin Marti

Re: Transforming XML with XSL and Cocoon

Posted by Sorin Marti <ma...@semafor.ch>.

>Try:
>http://localhost:8080/cocoon/Ich_bestehe_nicht
>You will get the same message.

That's an answer I expected...

>What's in the <pipelines> portion  of your sitemap?

Ok, my problem is solved. As I said, I am a newbie and didn't even have
a sitemap. Now I have one and the html output is fine...

>Did you put a connection between the URI and the files?

nope. (I wouldn't even know how)

>Cocoon is also about managing an URI space.

good to know...

Thanks for your help, the list surely will hear about my beginner-probs
in future :-)

Re: Transforming XML with XSL and Cocoon

Posted by Ahmed <ah...@baizid.org>.