Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by dlmarion <dl...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/15 01:21:39 UTC

HA NN Failover question

I was doing some testing with HA NN today. I set up two NN with active
failover (ZKFC) using sshfence. I tested that its working on both NN by
doing 'kill -9 <pid>' on the active NN. When I did this on the active node,
the standby would become the active and everything seemed to work. Next, I
logged onto the active NN and did a 'service network stop' to simulate a
NIC/network failure. The standby did not become the active in this scenario.
In fact, it remained in standby mode and complained in the log that it could
not communicate with (what was) the active NN. I was unable to find anything
relevant via searches in Google in Jira. Does anyone have experience
successfully testing this? I'm hoping that it is just a configuration
problem.

FWIW, when the network was restarted on the active NN, it failed over almost
immediately.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Azuryy <az...@gmail.com>.
Which Hadoop version you used?

Sent from my iPhone5s

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Azuryy <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Azuryy <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Azuryy <az...@gmail.com>.

RE: HA NN Failover question

RE: HA NN Failover question

RE: HA NN Failover question

RE: HA NN Failover question

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Juan Carlos <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Re: HA NN Failover question

Posted by Juan Carlos <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

RE: HA NN Failover question

Posted by dlmarion <dl...@hotmail.com>.
I don't think so. NN1 and ZKFC1 are one physically separate machines than
NN2 and ZKFC2.

RE: HA NN Failover question

Posted by dlmarion <dl...@hotmail.com>.

RE: HA NN Failover question