Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ferenc Turi <tu...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 06:03:50 UTC

storm metrics on UI

Hi,

I have seen some web pages about storm metrics but in the 0.10.0-beta1
version the Strom UI does not show anything.

What I did:

I registered the LoggingMetrics consumer on the topology configuration:

conf.setDebug(true)
conf.registerMetricsConsumer(LoggingMetricsConsumer.class, 2);

And in the bolt:

prepare(,,,){
mainMetrics = new MultiCountMetric();
context.registerMetric("mainMetrics", mainMetrics, 1);
}

execute(){
mainMetrics.scope("recnum").incrBy(ms);
}

What else should I do to be able to see the results in UI?

(I also clicked on "show system stats" and the metrics.log is also empty)

I can see the metrics in the worker log as DataPoint-s but UI does not show
me the stats.

Thanks,

Re: storm metrics on UI

Posted by Ferenc Turi <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ok. Thanks. How can I enable UI presentation? I would like to see metrics
on  UI not in worker log.

Thanks,

Ferenc

--