Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/02 20:11:55 UTC

[VOTE] Resolution for Traffic Control graduation to TLP

Dear Traffic Control community members:

I would like to call a vote on the resolution for Traffic Control to
graduate from to an Apache TLP.  We have already voted on whether or not we
should start the graduation process [1] and this is the next step.  Please
see the resolution below and vote as follows:

[ ] +1 Graduate Traffic Control from the incubator
[ ] +0 No Opinion
[ ] -1 Do not graduate Traffic Control from the incubator (please provide a
reason)

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours and will need at least 3 more +1
votes than -1 votes from PMC members to succeed.

If this VOTE succeeds, a similar VOTE will be started on the
general@incubator.apache.org mailing list. If that VOTE succeeds, a
resolution will be included in the next Apache Board Meeting.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Thanks,
Dave

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fb1fae0785feb6568cef6deb6fa20723eba54ed63a445462d44564d3@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E

---------------------

Establish the Apache Traffic Control Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to building, monitoring, configuring, and provisioning a large
scale content delivery network (CDN)..

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Traffic Control Project", be and
hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Traffic Control Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to
building, monitoring, configuring, and provisioning a large scale
content delivery network (CDN).; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Traffic Control" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Traffic
Control Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of
the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Traffic
Control Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Traffic Control
Project:

 * Dan Kirkwood       <da...@apache.org>
 * David Neuman       <ne...@apache.org>
 * Dewayne Richardson <de...@apache.org>
 * Eric Covener       <co...@apache.org>
 * Eric Friedrich     <fr...@apache.org>
 * Hank Beatty        <hb...@apache.org>
 * Jan van Doorn      <jv...@apache.org>
 * Jeff Elsloo        <el...@apache.org>
 * Jeremy Mitchell    <mi...@apache.org>
 * Leif Hedstrom      <zw...@apache.org>
 * Mark Torluemke     <mt...@apache.org>
 * Phil Sorber        <so...@apache.org>
 * Steve Malenfant    <sm...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that David Neuman be appointed
to the office of Vice President, Apache Traffic Control, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Traffic Control PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the Apache Traffic Control
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Traffic Control Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
Traffic Control podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Traffic Control podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Resolution for Traffic Control graduation to TLP

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone for voting.  It has been plenty of time so I am calling
this vote.  I will send a resolution shortly.
Thanks!
Dave

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Rushford <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
+1

Posted by Nir Sopher <ni...@qwilt.com>.
+1

Posted by "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>.
+1

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 2, 2018, at 2:11 PM, David Neuman <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Traffic Control community members:
>
> I would like to call a vote on the resolution for Traffic Control to
> graduate from to an Apache TLP.  We have already voted on whether or not we
> should start the graduation process [1] and this is the next step.  Please
> see the resolution below and vote as follows:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Traffic Control from the incubator
> [ ] +0 No Opinion
> [ ] -1 Do not graduate Traffic Control from the incubator (please provide a
> reason)

+1 (binding)

— Leif

Re: [VOTE] Resolution for Traffic Control graduation to TLP

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 4:11 PM, David Neuman <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Traffic Control community members:
>
> I would like to call a vote on the resolution for Traffic Control to
> graduate from to an Apache TLP.  We have already voted on whether or not we
> should start the graduation process [1] and this is the next step.  Please
> see the resolution below and vote as follows:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Traffic Control from the incubator
> [ ] +0 No Opinion
> [ ] -1 Do not graduate Traffic Control from the incubator (please provide a
> reason)

+1

Re: [VOTE] Resolution for Traffic Control graduation to TLP

Posted by Jeff Elsloo <el...@apache.org>.
+1
Jeff

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.