Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/18 14:31:49 UTC

Command Line Arguments - Clean

One of the common suggestions I’ve noticed on the list when developing with
Netbeans is to clean the user cache folders when installing a new version
of Netbeans.

As such, I was wondering if there is any sort of command line option
similar to the eclipse -clean parameter that would allow that to happen
when starting up Netbeans.

In the Netbeans code (not while running in the IDE and passing time an in
development project) how ate command line options handle the IDE source
code?

Does something like this already exist?  If not I can create new
enhancement issue to track it.

Given there could be multiple versions I’m not sure if that would require
some extra consideration to either clean all or select versions of files as
well.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

--
Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Command Line Arguments - Clean

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Just started to write some specs on this last night. I'm going to share
it for discussion soon.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.