Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lizz <el...@bouvet.no> on 2007/12/11 11:00:47 UTC

JRPdfResource onResourceRequested() file dialog not displayed when using AjaxFallbackLink

I am creating a potentially large dynamic jasper report that is can be opened
or saved using a wicket Link . In the onClick method the report is created
(1) and displayed (2) :

JRPdfResource pdfr = ReportFactory.createPdfResource(data);    //1: create
the report
pdfr.onResourceRequested(); //2: open the open or save dialog

Since the report may be very large step 1 will take quite some time. I would
like to notify the user that this will take some time using the  browsers
"wait icon" like the one in the LazyLoadingPanel wicket example. I would
also prevent the user from clicking in the browser while the report is
generated using wickets Modal Window.

To do this I have to use AjaxFallbackLink but the open or save dialog (2)
isnt displayed when using ajax.

Any suggestions?

RE: JRPdfResource onResourceRequested() file dialog not displayed when using AjaxFallbackLink

Posted by lizz <el...@bouvet.no>.
Hi clay,
I tried adding the target.appendJavascript(getMarkupId()+".submit()"); for
the AjaxFallbackLink but nothing (still) happened. Could you provide an
example of how to do this? I might have misunderstood how you did this.
Thanks :-)
Lizz