Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 13:47:39 UTC

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Detected yarn-cluster mode, but isn't running on a cluster. Deployment to YARN is not supported directly by SparkContext. Please use spark-submit

Hi Everyone,

     I am using Apache Spark for 2 weeks and as of now I am querying hive
tables using spark java api. And it is working fine in Hadoop single mode
but when I tried the same code in Hadoop multi cluster it throws

Fwd: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Detected yarn-cluster mode, but isn't running on a cluster. Deployment to YARN is not supported directly by SparkContext. Please use spark-submit

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,

     I am using Apache Spark for 2 weeks and as of now I am querying hive
tables using spark java api. And it is working fine in Hadoop single mode
but when I tried the same code in Hadoop multi cluster it throws
"org.apache.spark.SparkException: Detected yarn-cluster mode, but isn't
running on a cluster. Deployment to YARN is not supported directly by
SparkContext. Please use spark-submit"
   This is my java code what I tried in Single node cluster

SparkConf sparkConf = new
SparkConf().setAppName("Hive").setMaster("local").setSparkHome("path");
JavaSparkContext ctx = new JavaSparkContext(sparkConf);
HiveContext sqlContext = new HiveContext(ctx.sc());
   org.apache.spark.sql.Row[] result = sqlContext.sql("Select * from
tablename").collect();

But In multi node cluster I have changed local to yarn-cluster . can anyone
help me in this?