Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/03 15:03:42 UTC

Automating creation of ACLs

Hello everyone,

I have come across a need to create an ACLs that includes around 100 different IP addresses and network ranges for several services. Now, looking at the ACS gui, there is currently no way that I could find to create an ACL with multiple IP addresses / network ranges. Not sure why this hasn't been implemented.

I am looking at a way to automate the creation of ACLs with CloudStack where ideally I could feed it a list of IP addresses and it would do its job at creating the ACLs. Otherwise it will take a day and sanity to do it manually.

I am sure I am not the only one in the ACS community that requires a large set of ACLs. Could someone share their scripts / methods of achieving this?

Thanks

Andrei

Re: Automating creation of ACLs

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID>.
Hi Andrija,

I've setup the CloudMonkey on my local host and done some experimentation. It turns out that the API does support specifying multiple ips/networks per single ACL. The gui reflects this and shows a comma separated list. So, it looks like I can do everything I want from the CloudMonkey.

what I've not tested is that it actually works and creates the fw rule on the virtual router. I will test that later on and revert back.

Cheers

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID>.
Actually, I was wrong and made a mistake. The ACS gui does allow specifying multiple networks/IPS on the same ACL. I had a typo when I was testing it. All jolly good!

Cheers

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrei,

--