Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rakesh S <in...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/08 19:39:50 UTC

Hiding Menus in Ofbiz

HI All,

I am trying to customize Ofbiz. I have overriden HR and Party module in hot deploy. I want to hide other menu's in the App. Could some one suggest,Whats the best approach to hide the Menu.

Thank You All
Raka

Re: Hiding Menus in Ofbiz

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
No Worries Kumar,
We are here to get best possible option from available and helping each
other. :-)

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Hiding Menus in Ofbiz

Posted by Kumaraswamy nandipati <ku...@ecomzera.com>.
Hi Rishi,

I missed this concept.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>wrote:

> In every component file responsible for initial setup is
> ofbiz-component.xml.
> Go to that file in each and in webapp tag add app-bar-display="false" for
> each and maintain a patch to apply.
> Commenting component-load.xml is not right way as the HR is dependent on
> other module and you may need its services and data to use in your custom
> one.
>
> Rishi Solanki
> Enterprise Software Developer
> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Kumaraswamy nandipati <
> kumaraswamy@ecomzera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rakesh,
> >
> > If I am getting you currectly(Other menus means Content, CMS, Catalog
> > etc.... modules), you can do this in 3 ways.
> >
> > Sol. 1) Remove components: If you don't want those modules at all, Just
> > comment them in OFBIZ-HOME/applications/component-load.xml. So, they
> won't
> > load at all.
> >
> > Sol. 2) By assigning user with specific PERMISSION GROUP. Create a new
> > group
> > with needed module access credentials. So, the users with this permission
> > group unable to access rest of modules(I prefer this. By using this no
> need
> > of moving modules into hot deploy).
> >
> > Sol. 3) Tweek in display logic:  customize
> > /OFBIZ-BASE/framework/common/webcommon/includes/appbar.ftl to restrict
> > these
> > modules(not-preferred, instead of this sol. 1 will be effective interms
> of
> > load)
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Rakesh S <in...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > HI All,
> > >
> > > I am trying to customize Ofbiz. I have overriden HR and Party module in
> > hot
> > > deploy. I want to hide other menu's in the App. Could some one
> > suggest,Whats
> > > the best approach to hide the Menu.
> > >
> > > Thank You All
> > > Raka
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Kumaraswamy.N
> > 91-9866805250.

Kumaraswamy.N
91-9866805250.

Re: Hiding Menus in Ofbiz

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hiding Menus in Ofbiz

Posted by Kumaraswamy nandipati <ku...@ecomzera.com>.
Hi Rakesh,

If I am getting you currectly(Other menus means Content, CMS, Catalog
etc.... modules), you can do this in 3 ways.

Sol. 1) Remove components: If you don't want those modules at all, Just
comment them in OFBIZ-HOME/applications/component-load.xml. So, they won't
load at all.

Sol. 2) By assigning user with specific PERMISSION GROUP. Create a new group
with needed module access credentials. So, the users with this permission
group unable to access rest of modules(I prefer this. By using this no need
of moving modules into hot deploy).

Sol. 3) Tweek in display logic:  customize
/OFBIZ-BASE/framework/common/webcommon/includes/appbar.ftl to restrict these
modules(not-preferred, instead of this sol. 1 will be effective interms of
load)

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Rakesh S <in...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I am trying to customize Ofbiz. I have overriden HR and Party module in hot
> deploy. I want to hide other menu's in the App. Could some one suggest,Whats
> the best approach to hide the Menu.
>
> Thank You All
> Raka

Kumaraswamy.N