Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Craig Edwards <cr...@haenterprises.com.au> on 2005/05/12 10:48:28 UTC

Framework and application webapps

I have been using struts for a while now and have built up a collection of
common code/forms/actions (stuff like log on, log off, administer news
items, etc).  Everytime I create a new web application that builds on top
of these, I seem to be copying all the form/action definitions from my
framework into the application's code hierarchy (and struts-config.xml).

Ideally, I would like to keep the framework code and form/action
definitions in my framework WebApp.  Then in my ApplicationX WebApp, I
somehow reference the framework WebApp and "inherit" the
tiles/forms/actions.  I know that the web.xml allows me to specify
multiple struts-config.xml files, but can I get it to work across
WebApps?  Any pointers or advice would be much appreciated.  Many thanks.

--
Craig Edwards