Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2016/07/02 22:45:04 UTC

Regenerate and publish javadocs

Hi,

as usual I can't publish the javadocs without too much noise - neither with Oracle JDK 1.6 nor with Open JDK 1.8 on my windows box. [1]

Please (someone) publish the javadocs on your linux box with OpenJDK 1.7 [2]

It would be interesting, how much my OpenJDK 1.8 (1.8.0_91-3-ojdkbuild) output differs from a linux OpenJDK output,
so maybe we continue with/switch to 1.8?

Thank you and best wishes,
Andi

[1] http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/update-website-javadocs-tt5719468.html
[2] ... and no, I haven't tried it yet on minotaur.apache.org or on a linux live cd (too much hassle to burn and temporarily install all the necessary tools)  ... I'd rather ask you for it :) ...

Re: Regenerate and publish javadocs

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Dominik Stadler wrote:
> Ideally we would also update the Subversion repository as part of the
> config, but I did not want to put my credentials in there, not sure if
> there are some "automation" credentials or accessKeys available for such
> cases.

You'd need to ask infra - there may be a suitable role account already,
otherwise they may be able to create one

Nick

Re: Regenerate and publish javadocs

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Maybe we can use automation to help here, I have created an initial Jenkins
config at https://builds.apache.org/view/POI/job/POI-regenerate-javadoc/,
it is triggered manually or otherwise once per week and will produce a
zip-file with the current javadoc binary. Hopefully it's results will be
stable and not change constantly like it seems to do on our local machines.

Ideally we would also update the Subversion repository as part of the
config, but I did not want to put my credentials in there, not sure if
there are some "automation" credentials or accessKeys available for such
cases.

Thanks... Dominik