Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2008/10/16 15:59:40 UTC

Missing java engine et.al (Re: evaluating simple string "2 == 2"

Hi Raza,

Raza, Rizwan (MLCI) wrote:
> Thanks. Ok I got that so that problem is gone but now it is complaining
> for
> org.apache.bsf.engines.java.JavaEngine. I do not think that the bsf
> 2.4.0 jar that I am using has JavaEngine in it. Am I using an obsolete
> version?

No, not really. Supposedly the "java" and "javaclass" engines, as their
source is in the BSF 2.4 archive, should be built and distributed with
BSF 2.4 (as well as the "jexl" engine). Looking at the engines in the
current distribution
<http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/infosys/servers/http/apache/dist/jakarta/bsf/binaries/bsf-bin-2.4.0.zip>
reveals the following engines are already part of it: "jacl",
"javascript", "jython", "netrexx", and "xslt".

Please open a JIRA issue for this (as well as for the missing "BSF_Log"
and "BSF_LogFactory").

---

In the meantime, you can get a binary distribution with all BSF engines
for BSF 2.4 (as well as a slightly advanced version of BSF 2.4) from
<http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4rexx/current/BSF4Rexx_install.zip>.
After unpacking that zip-archive, you will find a jar-file named
"bsf-v244-20080704.jar". Just replace the official BSF 2.4 with that
version (which contains all official engines as well as "BSF_Log" and
"BSF_LogFactory").

HTH,

---rony

P.S.: Will become able to (finally!) start to tackle all open BSF-JIRA
issues in the next weeks, such that I would be able to go over these two
JIRA issues of yours as well.