Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adrien FOURES <af...@sigems.fr> on 2006/03/03 14:54:19 UTC

When myFaces1.1.2 stable release available ?

Hello!

I want to know when i can download the 1.1.2 myfaces version?
I don't understand why a 1.1.3 snapshot version of myfaces is available,
whereas the 1.1.2 stable release is not available? it is a over branch
of project?

Thanks

Adrien

Re: design question for pushing DOM/XML to client, then display

Posted by Yasushi Okubo <ya...@cabm.rutgers.edu>.
Andrew Robinson wrote:

>It really depends on what affect you are looking for.
>
>A: you want the user to download an XML file as a data file
>Answer 1:
>Write a servlet to build the XML document, set the attachment HTTP
>header to the XML file name and then write the XML document to the
>HttpServletResponse's output stream
>
>Answer 2:
>Write a custom UI component and renderer to spit XML back from your
>JSF page instead of HTML (there are no XML components that I am
>familiar with)
>
>B: you want the user to see an XSLT version of XML data:
>Answer: Really the same as A, but you have to put a reference in the
>XML to the XSLT on the server.
>
>Answer 3: nothing, facelets or JSF is able to spit XHTML back to the
>client, and XHTML is XML using an HTML DTD.
>
>Regarding AJAX: Yes AJAX uses XML, but it generally takes XHTML
>content from a server response an injects it into the page. I don't
>think this is what you are looking for.
>
>If you use the servlet, it will not have access to the faces context,
>so if you don't want to reload the data from the servlet that was
>already loaded via JSF, you will have to use a session scoped class
>that holds your data that you can access from a standard HttpSession
>object (then provide a helper class to load/retrieve the data using
>only servlet classes so that it can be used by both JSF and the
>servlet).
>
>There will be other ways, depending on exactly what you want to do.
>Anyone else with a better suggestion?
>
>On 3/3/06, Yasushi Okubo <ya...@cabm.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>

>>Hi, experts
>>
>>I have a design question for how to push/display DOM/XML page on
>>client.  There is a table data stored in an array that is displayed with
>>datascroller.  I want to add a function to export  this data  in xml
>>format on client.
>>I  am thinking to convert an array to DOM  then use  write function to
>>covert it to XML file.
>>Could someone advise me the best way to display this xml file on the
>>client side without writing it as a file in the directory on the server
>>?  It sounds ajax can to it easily, but do not know how to do yet.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>yasushi

Thanks Andrew for your feedback.   I appreciate your time and kindness.
yasushi

Re: design question for pushing DOM/XML to client, then display

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
It really depends on what affect you are looking for.

A: you want the user to download an XML file as a data file