Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Braun, James F" <BR...@polaroid.com> on 2007/05/22 21:45:20 UTC

[S1] Really simple newbie question

I set up a new work station with MyEclipse 5.1, Weblogic 8, and jdk
1.4.11

I set it up exactly the same as a workstation that is working well.

However, when trying to create a simple test app to verify the
installation I get the following error

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating bean of class
test.form.TestForm: {1}
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.initFormBean(FormTag.java:487)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:457)
	at jsp_servlet._form.__test._jspService(__test.java:151)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:33)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Se
rvletStubImpl.java:1077)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:465)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:348)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:7047)
	at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)
	at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
etContext.java:3902)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.
java:2773)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)

I have looked at this until my eyes are blurry and googled the error
message but have no clues.

I hate to waste people's time but does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, J.

J. Braun
Polaroid Corp.
Waltham MA USA
+1 781.386.6871
+1 781.424.1159 mobile
braunj@polaroid.com

Excellence through execution.

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: [S1] Really simple newbie question

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Braun, James F" <BR...@polaroid.com> wrote:
> However, when trying to create a simple test app to
> verify the installation I get the following error
>
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating
> bean of class test.form.TestForm: {1}
> [... stack trace ...]
> I hate to waste people's time but does anyone have a
> suggestion?

You might need to supply either the bean's XML
definition or some code, and the JSP fragment
containing the <html:form.../>

d.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7