Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by NickPhilia Nguyen <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/03 20:54:11 UTC

How to exclude a particular LOG level from the output?

Hi,
I'd like to output all logs level EXCEPT say, ERROR
level from the output.  How would I do that in
properties file? Obviously using THRESHOLD does not
work because ERROR is sort of in the between INFO,
DEBUG, and FATAL...

I am new to Log4j, so pardon me the question has been
addressed.

Thanks,
V.

=====
Silence is the true friend that never betrays. -- Confucius

Re: How to exclude a particular LOG level from the output?

Posted by sk k <sk...@yahoo.com>.
IMHO, If you are using text prop files then there is
no way to do that except for changing the code for
your purpose.

But, if you switch to xml config files then there is
LevelRangeFilter which will allow you turn off only
one level i.e ERROR in your case.