Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2003/04/15 13:16:50 UTC

Re: [HELP]JSPReader can be used only in a Servlet/JSP environment

Hmm, this is really strange and I don't know a reason or a solution for the
problem. I can't imagine that Tomcat is caching errors, so I guess it's not
a caching issue.

Are you using Cocoon 2.1-dev? Maybe there is a bug in the JSP block.

(CCing cocoon-dev for this issue)

conclusion of the problem:

ERROR   (2003-04-15) 11:37.47:305   [core.xslt-processor]
(/cocoon21/samples/jsp/welcome.htm) Thread-29/TraxErrorHandler: Error in
TraxTransformer: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The output format
must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!

He gets an error message as for the endorsed problem with JDK 1.4, but
everything else than JSP works.

Regards,

Joerg

manoj wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply. In fact I did the suggestion as
> mentioned in the begining of my cocoon installation . However I had
> copied those files in the jdk1.4/jre/endorsed folder rather than to
> tomcat/common/endorsed folder to make the cocoon application up. Most of
> the the application blocks is coming up and working except jsp block. As
> per ur suggestion i copied the same in the tomcat endorsed folder too.
> However the problem continue. Same error is getting displayed. But i was
> surprised to see that neither catelina.out or cocoon/web-inf log folder
> log any error or exception which means execution is passed. Is it
> related to Caching problem? I had accessed from a new web browser
> instance to avoid the chance of client caching. I had restarted the
> tomcat server also ? But problem continue. Does tomcat cache previsous
> instances url ? if so how can i prevent this happening ?
>
> Take Care,
>
> Rgs,
>
> Manoj

 > I am getting the following error while accessing jsp pages via cocoon.
 > This is the block named jsp.  and accessbile via samples link.
 >
 > JSPReader can be used only in a Servlet/JSP environment
 > only in a Servlet/JSP environment.
 >
 > I am using the following environment.
 >
 > Env details.
 > Apache Tomcat 4.1.2
 > Windows 2000
 >
 > Logsnippets
 > ERROR   (2003-04-15) 11:37.47:305   [core.xslt-processor]
 > (/cocoon21/samples/jsp/welcome.htm) Thread-29/TraxErrorHandler: Error in
 > TraxTransformer: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The output
 > format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!
 > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The output format must have a
 > '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!
 >  at

org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.postErrorToListener(TransformerImpl.java:718)
 >  at

org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:642)
 >  at

org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:201)
 >  at

org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:205)

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG