Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastien Brunot <sb...@ilog.fr> on 2006/11/02 10:25:52 UTC

RE: Maven rant

I'm just joining, but what about creating a wiki with the entire free maven book content so that the (user) community can update it ? I agree to the fact that you need some predefined structure to ensure effective documentation by users / developers. Adding a snipet of documentation should be a "no cost" operation, and having a predefined structure may help to achieve this goal.

Sebastien

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.

This would be good but it's a choice to be made by Mergere (the publisher of
the book).

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Maven rant

Posted by Sebastien Brunot <sb...@ilog.fr>.
I agree that the problem may be faced, but what about trying it the agile way : just putting everything online in a new wiki instance, and waiting a few month to see which how it evolves ?

Sebastien (the other one ;-)

But you won't solve the main issue of a wiki system: information replacement.
I still think that a comment system would be more reliable on the long term.

Re: Maven rant

Posted by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com>.