Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brigette Muller <br...@coxtarget.com> on 2001/09/07 14:17:21 UTC

Error loading external SVG

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to load an SVG image. I am
using an adaption of fop. What am I missing?
I have checked that the batik.jar from the fop.0.20.1/lib dir that comes
with fop is in the classpath.
The SVG was created by Adobe Illustrator 9.0, and opens fine in IE5
w/SVG plugin
Do I need to extract anything from the batik.jar & place it
somewhere/where?

thanks for any help...
Brigette

ERROR LOADING EXTERNAL SVG: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.resources.dtduris, locale en_US

Re: Error loading external SVG

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Bridgette,

The Batik resources are not in your classpath: this is what the
message is saying. I am not sure how FOP is bundling batik. In our
binary distribution, the resources are bundled in our jars. For
example, if you get 1.0 from http://xml.apache.org/batik, you
will find:

jar tvf batik-svg-dom.jar | grep resources
   org/apache/batik/dom/svg/resources/dtduris.properties

Good luck!
Vincent.