Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@earthlink.net> on 2007/09/27 07:31:26 UTC

Jetspeed 2.1.1 support for Jetty 6.1.4

I looked into the different JIRA'S (JS2-740, Js2-736) tracking down the
issue of running Jetspeed in Jetty 6.1.4.

I couldn't figure out what the final solution was and if Jetty requires
any special configuration anymore.

Is it just putting the Jetty override example into the assembly/override
folder and then it works or is it more to it.

Thanks for any input,
Roger

Re: Jetspeed 2.1.1 support for Jetty 6.1.4

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Roger Ruttimann wrote:
> I looked into the different JIRA'S (JS2-740, Js2-736) tracking down the
> issue of running Jetspeed in Jetty 6.1.4.
>
> I couldn't figure out what the final solution was and if Jetty requires
> any special configuration anymore.
>
> Is it just putting the Jetty override example into the assembly/override
> folder and then it works or is it more to it.
No, not really.
With Jetty 6.1.5 which contains the fix for JETTY-377 it should work just as well as with Tomcat.
The assembly/override for jetty is just for handling deployment, but if you don't need that you can use offline infusing pa's just as well.
One thing you should be aware of though is logging configuration.
Jetty now uses slf4j which doesn't really work well with out commons-logging setup, at least not out of the box.
I've been playing with different configurations some time ago, moving some of the logging jars around, but haven't yet found a best setup yet.
If you are going to try this out please let us know if you find a good standard setup for it.
Once we have that, we can provide proper instructions and possibly even an alternative portal installer using Jetty.

Regards,

Ate