Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by San 'NeTTwerk' Mehat <ne...@vasoftware.com> on 2003/05/12 20:35:26 UTC

Custom Serializer + WSDL generation?

Hey all,

  I'm wondering if when you create a custom serializer, if theres a way to tie in to the WSDL generator?..

  The reason I'm asking is that I'm attempting to create a custom serializer which takes a bean, and basically converts it into just a static object (no methods, only public data-members). Inversely, I want the deserializer to be able to take a static object and construct a bean out of it. If this works, then I'll be able to expose all of our custom beans as just static objects for consumption by .net, whatever, etc.... It isn't particularily usefull for us to expose a full bean with accessor methods, so essentially i'm trying to convert from a bean to a 'struct'.
  If I did this 'serialization/conversion', is there a way to have the Axis WSDL generator expose the objects as structs?.. or is the fact that i'm using a 'custom serializer', negate this functionality?

thanks

-San