Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff Martin <je...@synamic.co.uk> on 2000/09/06 18:21:42 UTC

Ant & Change Log

Here's some files allow for using Ant to make alexandria content and also
creating a change log.

I does require use of Ant 1.2 but I think we should be looking towards doing
this as the style task could be very useful in allowing regeration of file
dependant on file changes. It might be nice to write an ant task for JXR so
we move away from the Java task altogether and can have better control over
the build.

I've created a new build file which replaces the scripts. There are two
targets menus and content.

I've added a patch for DirectoryIndexer so it can output to the directory
specified in content.dir in the AlexandriaResources.properties file.

The content task copies file from a directory src/content to content.dir and
then will execute the src/xml/build.xml file to build the javadoc and
changelog. Before running JXR.

The change log is created using the cvs2cl.pl script if the path to this
file is specified in AlexandriaResources.properties then the change log will
be generated and clog.xsl will be used to create and html version.

I've had to make a small change to cvs2cl.pl as xalan was falling over when
it was trying to pass the xmlns attribute in the xml output. This does cause
a slit problem though as cvs2cl.pl is GPL so cannot be part of alexandria,
and we can't just point people to the normal one until the problem is fixed
(It's probably something trivial but I couldn't see it).

 <<alexandria.zip>>

alexandria             - script to launch and using the alexandria buildfile
alexandria.dia         - flow diagram
alexandria.png         - flow diagram
build.xsl.diff         - changes to src/xsl/build.xsl
DirectoryIndexer.diff  - changes to directory indexer
left-advanced.xsl.diff  - changes to src/xsl/left-advanced.xsl
scripts/cvs2cl.pl      - change log perl script (Hacked to remove change log
namespace)
src/config/AlexandriaResources.properties
src/xml/alexandria.xml - build file to build content
src/xsl/clog.xsl       - Change Log stylesheet

Hope this stuff is of use.

Re: Ant & Change Log

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.
Jeff Martin wrote:

> Here's some files allow for using Ant to make alexandria content and also
> creating a change log.
<snip>

Jeff..

Sorry about the lag in reply...

I reviewed everything.  Why don't we just give you CVS commit.  Just
send me the logon and password you want.. I should be able to give you
access.

Just some misc comments:

-1 on adding cvs2cl.pl in Alexandria.  First off ... it is PERL :)..
second.. it is GPL.  We can't use this.  Actually it would be really
cool to have an Ant task that did this.

Other than that... +1 on everything else.

--
** Should SUN Open Source Java? Please Vote:
http://relativity.yi.org/java **

Kevin A Burton (e-mail: burton@apache.org, UIN: 73488596, ZKey:
burtonator)
           http://relativity.yi.org | http://www.openprivacy.org
Message to SUN Microsystems:  "Please Open Source Java!"
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme
excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.