Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it> on 2008/03/05 09:36:28 UTC

Project version schema

Hi All,

I have some simple question about version schema that we are trying to
use/enforce:

1 - If a project as never been release should be a using a version less
or equal to 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT or it can use a version less or equal to
1.1.0-SNAPSHOT?

2 - Do the following version example match with our policy?
2.a) released 1.0.X on trunk 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT and next release will be
either 1.0.(X+1) or 1.2.0 or 2.00
2.b) release 1.4.X on trunk 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT and next release will be
1.8.0 or 2.0.0

3 - The version schema is different for the POM artifact and commons
subproject, am I right?

Thank you!

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

Re: Project version schema

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Stefano Lenzi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have some simple question about version schema that we are trying to
> use/enforce:
>
> 1 - If a project as never been release should be a using a version
> less or equal to 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT or it can use a version less or equal
> to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT?

I think that is up to the subproject and where they think they are.

> 2 - Do the following version example match with our policy?
> 2.a) released 1.0.X on trunk 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT and next release will be
> either 1.0.(X+1) or 1.2.0 or 2.00
> 2.b) release 1.4.X on trunk 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT and next release will be
> 1.8.0 or 2.0.0

I guess so.

> 3 - The version schema is different for the POM artifact and commons
> subproject, am I right?

I don't know for sure.

-> richard