Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Pooja MURJANI <po...@st.com> on 2006/06/01 08:24:09 UTC

Java.awt.Color to HSSFColor

Hello All,

I am a new-bie in using apache HSSF API for generating a excel sheet by java code. I am facing problem in converting java.awt.Color to org.apache.poi.hssf.util.HSSFColor.

Can anyone help me out on this topic.

I will be really very thankful for this.

Regards,
Pooja

Re: Java.awt.Color to HSSFColor

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi

In Excel you can use only a limited set of colors which is defined by Excel color palette.
Standard colors are included in org.apache.poi.hssf.util.HSSFColor.

If you want to use your own color you need select a color which is not used and redefine it:

  java.awt.Color color; //custom color

  HSSFPalette palette = workbook.getCustomPalette();
  HSSFColor hssfColor = palette.findColor((byte)color.getRed(), (byte)color.getGreen(), (byte)color.getBlue());
  if (hssfColor == null ){
      palette.setColorAtIndex(HSSFColor.LAVENDER.index, (byte)color.getRed(), (byte)color.getGreen(), (byte)color.getBlue());
      hssfColor = palette.getColor(HSSFColor.LAVENDER.index);
  }

Regards, Yegor