Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com> on 2017/05/11 18:18:23 UTC

Read write isolation; Availability of cube for query while rebuild/refresh

Hi,

I understand currently kylin does't support partial changes to existing
cube data. In which case entire cube has to be rebuild. WHat is the impact
of it on clients/query interface? Do they have to wait when cube is getting
refreshed?
Also what happens during incremental refresh? If some client query for new
data which are being built would kylin allow dirty read on cube that is
being built?

Thanks,
Nirav

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: Read write isolation; Availability of cube for query while rebuild/refresh

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
There is no dirty read issue. If the new data(actually the new segment) is
not cube ready, user could not query that data. It's transparent to client
query. The query will not wait for the building/refreshing cube. The
incremental build is to build new segment.

Posted by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com>.
Thanks. Is there also some concept of automatic snapshot when cube is under
build or refresh state?

Is it possible to have all these design decision documented on website?
This along with design of Metadata Engine, Indexes, Segments, Query router.
It would help us to understand and evaluate kylin better.

Cheers

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com>.