Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Stallard,David" <st...@oclc.org> on 2014/07/03 15:43:56 UTC

Are older release notes available?

We're planning an upgrade from Archiva 1.3.5 to 2.0.1 and were hoping to get a complete picture of what all has changed between the two.  However, from poking around on the website I can't find any of the 1.4-M* release notes, nor the 2.0.0 notes.  Are these still online somewhere?

Thanks,
David

Re: Are older release notes available?

Posted by Deng Ching-Mallete <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

The major changes from 1.3.x to 2.0.x are the new UI (total overhaul to
rest and javascript) and improvements in performance. It might also be good
to note that the default context for the webapp is now at the root or "/"
instead of /archiva.

For 1.3.5 release notes, you may refer instead to the docs of the latest
1.3.x release at: http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.9/
It's not too much different from 1.3.5. The upgrade of Struts version and
the security fixes are probably the main changes between 1.3.5 and 1.3.9.

Unfortunately, the link to the 2.0.0 documentation and release notes seems
to be missing, but you may refer to its release notes in JIRA instead:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=18971&styleName=&projectId=10980

Thanks,
Deng