Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by rmalik <ra...@ardec.com> on 2000/04/12 00:40:17 UTC

Tomcat, Apavhe, multiple name based virtual hosts

hi,
I'm having a Linux box with multiple name based virtual hosts defined in Apache
3.1.9 configuration. I'd like  to configure Tomcat + Apache to serve up web
pages and servlets for multiple web sites  on the same machine.
I know that this approach is possible and I've gone through all the
documentation regarding this. When I tried to configure this on my machine, it
is not giving me the results I want.
For example consider 2 virtual hosts vhost1.domain.com and vhost2.domain.com. I
created the respective configuration files. Now I want to access the first
vhost1 by http://vhost1.domain.com/ but I have to type
http://vhost1.domain.com/vhost1 for that. Same is the case for vhost2, I type
http://vhost2.domain.com/ vhost2 in the browser window to access that website's
pages.
I've tried all the options as explained in Apache and tomcat virtual host
configuration documentation.
Can anybody help me in this regard. I'll be much grateful cause this is a
critical problem  my recently started career is facing.

Thanks in advance.
Rabia

reply me at rabia.malik@ardec.com

Re: Tomcat, Apavhe, multiple name based virtual hosts

Posted by Jun Inamori <j-...@osa.att.ne.jp>.
Hi Rabia,

It can be done to define 'ApJServMount' within the 'VirtualHost'
directive of 'httpd.conf'.
For details about the configuration of JServ and Tomcat3.1Beta,
	http://www.oop-reserch.com/tomcat
and
	http://www.oop-reserch.com/tomcat/faq.html#1

I hope this will help you.