Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Bernhard Schauer <be...@openforce.com> on 2011/06/16 08:11:15 UTC

conflict when deleting a document

Hallo all,

I have a wired problem when deleting documents. For test purposes I want
to delete all documents in a Database, and then insert a well known set
of Documents. I do this using Ektorp (Java).

Inserting is no problem. But when it comes to deleting the documents I
get a conflict.
What I actually do is get the ids and revisions of all documents (the
built-in all view) and put them in a bulk operation to delete them.

Interestingly I can not delete those documents via futon either.
When query one of those conflicting documents with revs and revs_info it
shows me that there is only one revision.

Even more funny, I can not reproduce this in a DB that has no views.
There it deleting works. The DB I actually want to work with (and that
causes the problem) has several design documents with views.

Anyone any idea on that?

thx Bernhard

Re: conflict when deleting a document

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 01:31, Bernhard Schauer
<be...@openforce.com> wrote:
> thx Robert. I thought about this, but I would like to keep the design
> documents.
> And as this runs as part of test-setup perfomance is not a big problem.

Why not just re-load the design documents in the setup phase of your test?

> On 2011-06-16 10:09, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>> Why not just delete the database? It'll be faster.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 16 June 2011 08:43, Bernhard Schauer<be...@openforce.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> no, I only have views.