Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net> on 2002/02/15 21:15:13 UTC

Using Fop Within An Application

I am trying to use FOP within my application to process and display (in AWT
mode) a FO I create by processing records from a database.  I get to the
point where I have a String object containing the FO but I can't seem to get
FOP to display its AWT window.  Could someone please pass along some source
code that shows how to do this?  I looked at the doc and the example is
incomplete:

Driver driver = new Driver();
driver.setRenderer(new org.apache.fop.render.awt.AWTRenderer(translator));
driver.render(parser, fileInputSource(args[0]));

What is "translator"?  The doc I have not only doesn't show how to create
one, its written in German!
What is "parser"?  What parser do I use?  How do I create one?

Thanks for the help,

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.
Suite 505E
1 Pierce Pl.
Itasca, IL  60143
Voice:  (630) 250-3045 x2164
Fax:  (630) 250-3046

RE: Using Fop Within An Application (AWTStarter with some changes)

Posted by Jim Urban <ji...@netsteps.net>.
>     awt.run(new File("xml"), new File("xsl"));
This line presents a problem for me.  I no have files.  All I have is a
String containing the FO which I received from a call to the server.  Tthe
server runs xml data retrieved from a database through xslt and returns the
output FO to the client for displaying.  I need to process the string
containing the FO and display the results in a window.

Jim

Posted by IvanLatysh <iv...@yourmail.com>.
Hello, Jim!