Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net> on 2004/06/22 22:41:34 UTC

jk2 changes

(posted to the right list now - oops)

I'm just making sure the Lotus Domino connector works with the latest
jk2 version. As a preamble to that I usually make sure I can get mod_jk2
working with Apache 2 as a kind of baseline. This time I'm getting
stuck. Is there an incompatibility between a mod_jk2 built from the
current CVS and the 5.0.27 binary build at jakarta.apache.org?

I get encouraging looking debug from it but requests that should be
mapped using [uri:] in workers2.properties don't seem to get outside of
Apache (which 404s). Requests using <LocationMatch> in httpd.conf result
in a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable and the following in the Apache
error log:

[error] lb_worker.service() all workers in error or disabled state
[error] mod_jk2.handler() Error connecting to tomcat 120000, status 503

My httpd.conf looks like this

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
JkSet config.file conf/workers2.properties

<LocationMatch "/*.jsp">
     JkUriSet group lb:lb
</LocationMatch>

and workers2.properties is like this

[logger]
level=DEBUG

[lb:lb]
debug=10

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
debug=10
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
debug=10

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
debug=10

Other info:
Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_jk2/2.0.5-dev
Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptlsmp #1 SMP (Fedora Core #1)
Tomcat 5.0.27 binary from jakarta.apache.org

--
Andy Armstrong

Re: jk2 changes

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> It works on my machine (Apache/2.1.0-dev (Unix) DAV/2 mod_jk2/2.0.5-dev)
> May be that is a problem with IPV6: Use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

Nope :(

My investigations continue...

--
Andy Armstrong

Re: jk2 changes

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Andy Armstrong wrote:
>
>> (posted to the right list now - oops)
>>
>> I'm just making sure the Lotus Domino connector works with the latest
>> jk2 version. As a preamble to that I usually make sure I can get
>> mod_jk2 working with Apache 2 as a kind of baseline. This time I'm
>> getting stuck. Is there an incompatibility between a mod_jk2 built
>> from the current CVS and the 5.0.27 binary build at jakarta.apache.org?

Well I couldn't help much these time, but I strongly recommand to make
a jk 1.2.6 and jK2 2.0.5 release as soon as possible since fixes
and features has been added and users could be stuck since TC 5.0.x
and jk/jk2 release cycle are very differents.

Re: jk2 changes

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> The problem could be in the shm. On some platforms the shm remains hunging
> until reboot.
> The apr-1.0 has introduced a new function apr_shm_remove(), for removing a
> named shared memory segment.

Ahah! Yes, that would make sense I think although I didn't notice any
diagnostics about it. Unfortunately the phorensics have been destroyed
now so it'll have to remain 'just one of those things' :)

--
Andy Armstrong

RE: jk2 changes

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
The problem could be in the shm. On some platforms the shm remains hunging
until reboot.
The apr-1.0 has introduced a new function apr_shm_remove(), for removing a
named shared memory segment.

MT.

Re: jk2 changes

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.