Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/01/18 22:04:01 UTC

[POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.

Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

[] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on Maven and it's (de)merits, I simply want to know, informally, where people get their JARs from.  In other words, no discussion is necessary (we already have that going on dev@lucene.apache.org which you are welcome to join.)

Thanks,
Grant

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Jens Wilmer <j....@lw-systems.de>.
Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
website)
[X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

Posted by Beatriz Nombela <be...@gmail.com>.

--
Beatriz Nombela Escobar
beaotx@gmail.com

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingrambook.com>.
Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

[] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Posted by Matthias Epheser <ma...@indoqa.com>.

Posted by cb...@job.com.

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
website)

[] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
downstream project)
--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
On Jan 18, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Glen Newton wrote:

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Posted by robo - <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robo - <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Depending on the project, I either pull from ASF Mirrors or Source.  However, I do reference Maven repository when writing Java code that is built by Maven.  And it's often a pain getting it to work!

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Co-Author: Solr 1.4 Enterprise Search Server available from http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server
Free/Busy: http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal

RE: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gr...@gmail.com>.
And here's mine:

Posted by Brendan Grainger <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brendan Grainger <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [x] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [X] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

For the last one that doesn't seem popular: we sure ship Lucene with binary deliveries so anyone in the company using binaries uses that. Moreover we do store lucene jars in CVS for older build-systems. I'm sure most others do that.

paul

[POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by "Sudarsan, Sithu D." <Si...@fda.hhs.gov>.

Sincerely,
Sithu D Sudarsan

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan-Olav Eide <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Earl Hood <ea...@earlhood.com>.
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

--ewh

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Wouter Heijke <wh...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org>.
On 18.01.2011, at 22:04, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.
>
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.

--
______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by 5 Diamond IT <in...@smallbusinessconsultingexperts.com>.

Posted by Paige Cook <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
[...]
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
[...]

[X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

[X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

Regards,
Gora

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Florian Hopf <ho...@synyx.de>.
Grant Ingersoll schrieb:
> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.
>
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [x] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [x] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)
>
> Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)
>
> Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on Maven and it's (de)merits, I simply want to know, informally, where people get their JARs from.  In other words, no discussion is necessary (we already have that going on dev@lucene.apache.org which you are welcome to join.)
>
> Thanks,
> Grant

Regards
Florian

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Péter Király <ki...@gmail.com>.
> [x] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
> [x] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
> I rarely build, only if I would like to try an interesting patch.
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Király Péter
eXtensible Catalog
http://eXtensibleCatalog.org

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Cristian Vat <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org>.

Posted by Luka Stojanovic <lu...@vast.com>.
Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
  website)

[X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
  downstream project)

--
Luka Stojanovic
lukas@vast.com

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
website)

[] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
downstream project)

[X] The Jar Fairy brings them in the night, when all the children are
sound asleep.

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Umesh Prasad <um...@gmail.com>.

--
---
Thanks & Regards

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Umesh Prasad <um...@gmail.com>.

--
---
Thanks & Regards

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by mike anderson <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ron Mayer <rm...@0ape.com>.

Posted by Ivan Vasilev <iv...@sirma.bg>.

Posted by Péter Király <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yuhan Zhang <yz...@onescreen.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gr...@gmail.com>.
And here's mine:

Posted by Sarath PS <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Rossini <ra...@cortex-intelligence.com>.

Posted by Tim Gilbert <TI...@morningstar.com>.

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)

Juan Grande

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Juan Grande <ju...@gmail.com>.

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)

Juan Grande

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.
>
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

Via repo1 using Maven for stable builds.

> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

For trunk and branch builds.

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sami Siren <si...@apache.org>.
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

--
 Sami Siren

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by mike anderson <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabiano Nunes <fa...@nunes.me>.

Posted by Christopher St John <ck...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Puffinburger <pp...@tlcdelivers.com>.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by viruslviv <vi...@gmail.com>.
Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
website)

[X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
downstream project)

Best regards.
Zenoviy Veres

RE: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Toke Eskildsen <te...@statsbiblioteket.dk>.

Posted by Dawn Zoë Raison <da...@digitorial.co.uk>.
On 18/01/2011 21:04, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

--

Rgds.
*Dawn Raison*

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by heikki <tr...@gmail.com>.

> > Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>

> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>

> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>

> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>

> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)

Heikki Doeleman

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Daan de Wit <d....@o3spaces.com>.

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
website)

[X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
downstream project)

Daan de Wit

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Thijs Vonk <vo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.