Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/09 21:05:10 UTC

J2g - purpose of configurator?

Hi,

I'd like to know a bit more as to why we need the configurator module in
j2g.  From our user doc, we ask our users to run the j2g-configure in
the bin dir which at the end would call
org.apache.geronimo.devtools.j2g.Configurator.  Looks like what it does
is to make a copy of existing eclipse_home\configuration\config.ini and
add some config properties to the config.ini file.  But I don't really
understand why we need to modify the default config.ini file.   I don't
think our geronimo eclipse plugin modifies it either.   It can be a prob
when we want to enable a user to download j2g from an update site.

I tried to run j2g with the default config.ini and able to run the
jdes2g and jsrc2g fine.  I haven't been able to find a sample that
allows me to run jres2g yet, so if you know any let me know.

Thanks,
Lin

Re: J2g - purpose of configurator?

Posted by "Erik B. Craig" <gi...@gmail.com>.
OOps, looks like this reply yesterday only went directly to Jason...
Jason,

Erm, yeah, you are correct, that stuff is in fact handled by the script
itself, and not in the executed Configurator.

-Erik

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Jason and Erik,

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.