Posted to user@struts.apache.org by newtostruts struts <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/17 13:59:25 UTC

Init methods in Struts

I want to initialize torque in Struts2. I've got the code to initialize torque and it works fine.
  The problem is where do I put that code.
  Is there a place like an init method which is called just once?

  Thx all for your help.

  Vinod

---------------------------------
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Init methods in Struts

Posted by newtostruts struts <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dave,

  That works great. Thank you so much.

  Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  --- newtostruts struts wrote:
> Could you please explain the ' context listener '
> method you follow.

First one I found:

http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/display.html?article=2001111901&page=1

(Also has stuff about session listeners, but you can
ignore that.)

d.

---------------------------------
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

Re: Init methods in Struts

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Init methods in Struts

Posted by newtostruts struts <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dave,

  I don't really have any preferrence at this time, I'll use anything that'll work :o)
  Could you please explain the ' context listener ' method you follow.

  Thx

  --- newtostruts struts wrote:
> newtostruts struts wrote: I
> want to initialize torque in Struts2. I've got the
> code to initialize torque and it works fine.
> The problem is where do I put that code.
> Is there a place like an init method which is called
> just once?

Personally I've always used (well... you know what I
mean) a context listener to do one-time app
initialization (and startup servlets before that).

I don't really see any reason to not do the same with
S2, I suppose, although I'll be interested with what
other people are doing.

(I used to use Torque, too... at the time it seemed
like a pretty good choice to me. I don't any more, but
I had great success with it.)

d.

---------------------------------

Re: Init methods in Struts

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Init methods in Struts

Posted by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com>.
Then I have no clue other than newton.dave's approach  ...

newtostruts struts wrote: I want to initialize
torque in Struts2. I've got the code to initialize torque and it works
fine.
The problem is where do I put that code.
Is there a place like an init method which is called just once?

Thx all for your help.

Vinod

---------------------------------
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

---------------------------------
Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

RE: Init methods in Struts

Posted by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com>.
Try this:

in struts-config.xml put this

<plug-in className="com....YourPlugin">
</plug-in>

Re: Init methods in Struts

Posted by newtostruts struts <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Anyone please...

newtostruts struts <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:  I want to initialize torque in Struts2. I've got the code to initialize torque and it works fine.
The problem is where do I put that code.
Is there a place like an init method which is called just once?

Thx all for your help.

Vinod

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.