Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry Ochnev <do...@custis.ru> on 2005/08/24 16:27:57 UTC

Re[2]: Middlgen (Plugin)

Hello Jan,

We see you.

> Hello again,

> and sorry to annoy you.

> as this had been my first post to the list, and none answered so far,
> I wondered if anybody except me got this question at all.

> maybe someone could just post a nifty reply so I know that at least
> I#ve been heard?

> Thanx

> Jan

Best regards,
 Dmitry                            mailto:dochnev@custis.ru

Re: Middlgen (Plugin)

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
Jan Galinski wrote:
>>We see you.
>

> so its just that none of you knows how to combine middlegen and maven.
> Or wont tell if he knows.
>
> Thanks Dmitry

It may be that the middlegen maven plugin is no longer available
directly from the Middlegen site. I'm familiar with the plugin and I
spent some time just now poking aroung the Middlegen site and I could
not find it.

When I was using it more regularly I found that the plugin could not
support my Hibernate development, so I wrote Jelly script to drive the
Middlegen ant task instead. I've migrated away from Middlegen completely
and have been writing Hibernate capable pojos by hand using Hibernate 3
and Hibernate Annotations. Since the Middlegen plugin wasn't capable of
generating a compareTo method, there were things that I ended up having
to do myself anyway.

[I'm attaching the plugin] I tried attaching the plugin, and the message
never appeared on the list. If you still need a copy, send me an email
and I'll send it to you directly.

Jelly script that I used to drive Middlegen appears below.

Best regards

   <goal name="middle">
     <taskdef name="middlegen"
       classname="middlegen.MiddlegenTask"
       classpathref="maven.dependency.classpath"/>

     <middlegen
       appname="restaurant"
       prefsdir="src/resources"
       gui="true"
       driver="${maven.sql.driver}"
       databaseurl="${maven.sql.url}"
       username="${maven.sql.userid}"
       password="${maven.sql.password}">

       <many2many>
         <tablea name="meal_restaurant"/>
         <jointable name="meal_diner" generate="false"/>
         <tableb name="diner"/>
       </many2many>

       <hibernate
         destination="src/resources"
         package="org.zrgs.restaurant.data"
         genXDocletTags="true">

         <hibernateDAO

getHibernateSession="org.zrgs.util.persistence.HibernateUtil.getSession();"
           closeHibernateSession="hibSession.close();"/>

       </hibernate>
     </middlegen>
   </goal>

Re: Re[2]: Middlgen (Plugin)