Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> on 2013/09/04 02:35:47 UTC

Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

We (Salesforce) are using HBase with JDK7. No issues seen so far.

0.94 is not "officially certified" to work on JDK7 (we have no JDK7 jenkins, etc).

It might be good to setup a JDK7 jenkins for 0.94. Any objections to doing that?

-- Lars

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
Of course.  I'll reply back when I have definitive results

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
@Stack: Inline

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> Anil:
>
> You having GC'ing issues Anil?  You hitting Full GCs pretty regularly?

While testing my cluster, i did a full table scan on a table having 600
million records(at that time very few writes were going on). I was getting
around 26sec GC's. Our JVM heap is ~30 GB. This was done around 2 month
ago. Doing full table scan took us 15 min. I dont remember much more
details about it.

> (Setting up a jenkins build as Lars suggests or having us add a note to the
> website somewhere saying 0.94 runs on jdk7 -- presuming it passes a couple
> of jenkins builds -- would be no problem... just say what you need).

I think we are good since Cloudera has certified HBase with JDK7. Cloudera
is our Hadoop vendor.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Anil:

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Inline.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Elliot,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,

--
Thanks & Regards,