Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Paul Moloney <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/23 15:32:57 UTC

Re: [SPAM] Fop 0.93 & Ant task: Assigning more memory?

Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

> Unfortunately, not by using the FOP anttask directly, but some users
> have reported that they use Ant's java task in that case.

Hi Andreas,

Actually, the developer who updated the build files to upgrade from fop
0.20.5 to 0.93 changed how Fop was run from running as a Java task to using
a Fop task because he found running as a Java task no longer worked, at
least in the previous format.

The original (from fop 0.20.5) was this:

                    <java classname="org.apache.fop.apps.Fop"
dir="target/fo/@{name}"
                          output="target/tmp/fop-processor.log"
                          fork="true" failonerror="true">
                        <classpath refid="fop.lib.path"/>
                        <sysproperty key="java.awt.headless" value="true"/>
                        <jvmarg value="-Xms512m"/>
                        <jvmarg value="-Xmx1024m"/>
                        <arg value="-fo"/>
                        <arg path="target/fo/@{name}/@{name}.fo"/>
                        <arg value="-pdf"/>
                        <arg path="../../docs/manuals/@{name}.pdf"/>
                        <arg value="-c"/>
                        <arg
path="deps/config/valista-docbook-xsl/userconfig.xml"/>
                    </java>

For Fop 0.93, do I simply replace the classname with
"org.apache.fop.cli.Main" or is there more involved?

Thanks,

P.

Re: [SPAM] Fop 0.93 & Ant task: Assigning more memory?

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Feb 23, 2007, at 15:32, Paul Moloney wrote:

> Actually, the developer who updated the build files to upgrade from
> fop
> 0.20.5 to 0.93 changed how Fop was run from running as a Java task
> to using
> a Fop task because he found running as a Java task no longer
> worked, at
> least in the previous format.
>
> The original (from fop 0.20.5) was this:
>
>                     <java classname="org.apache.fop.apps.Fop"
<snip />

> For Fop 0.93, do I simply replace the classname with
> "org.apache.fop.cli.Main" or is there more involved?

Only slightly more, but not much:

>                       <classpath refid="fop.lib.path"/>

Be sure to update 'fop.lib.path' if it contains explicit references
to jars that are in the FOP 0.20.5 distribution but not in 0.93
(resp. misses references to jars not present in 0.20.5 but required
for 0.93)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas