Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/07 20:14:06 UTC

OneClickMustella

Here is my work in progress:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop/mustella/utilities/OneClickMustella

So far, I have the directory paths inputs (persists across sessions)
working.  The app also starts a server and will serve up assets from the
mustella/tests folder.  This works fine with mini_run running from cygwin.

The next steps that I am planning on working on are:

1.  Invoke mini_run via a nativeprocess from within the air app.
2.  Bring in the code from MustellaDependencyDB and MustellaTestChooser and
integrate it with the app
3.  Hook the app up to talk to SVN.

The final goal is to do all this with one button click:
1.  Check changed files in the given sdk folder
2.  Find corresponding tests to run
3.  Run the said tests
4.  Publish the test results.

Through all this, if we manage to make the AIR app run via commandline, we
can try to hook this up on the CI server.

I can think of more fancy features, but that can be done for the next
version.

Thanks,
Om

Re: OneClickMustella

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Ok, I see, the addition of a socket server is a good idea (I guess you had
to change something in the suite to make you server be listened, hadn't you
?).

I'm pretty much doing the same thing[1] on my side except that I started the
from the other side, as I already explained, the goal for me, is a tool able
to allow the user to create a project based on the develop branch, choose
which version of AIR and FP and with wich options it will be compiled
against and then tested, I want to give the same possibilities that we've
got with the command line but graphically.

Basicly, the tool should download the sdk, execute all the things described
in the readme to setup (a bit like does the Installer too) and build the sdk
and the same for the tests with the options the user passed thru the UI.
I want the user able to mavenize the sdk too and later why not debug the
tests with FPD but graphicly.

- Fred.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/flex/whiteboard/fthomas/developerToolSuite/trunk/