Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <cl...@csse.monash.edu.au> on 2003/06/26 15:48:11 UTC

CSS issues

Hi again.

Are these bugs?

1. Using only a class selector and not an element name as the preceding
   element in an adjacent sibling selector (the '+'), the CSS engine
   spits it out.

     http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/local/csstest1.svg

   This example works if a "*" is put before the ".a" in the last CSS
   rule.

2. When script is used to change the class of the preceding element in
   an adjacent sibling selector, the subject of the CSS rule isn't
   changed.

     http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/local/csstest2.svg

   The under rect should be white and the over rect should be blue.

   The same problem happens when using descendent selectors.

Thanks,

Cameron

PS: Thanks Thomas for your quick replies and bugfixes so far!

--
Cameron McCormack
  // clm@csse.monash.edu.au

Re: CSS issues

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Cameron McCormack wrote:

>Hi again.
>
>Are these bugs?
>
>1. Using only a class selector and not an element name as the preceding
>   element in an adjacent sibling selector (the '+'), the CSS engine
>   spits it out.
>
>     http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/local/csstest1.svg
>
>   This example works if a "*" is put before the ".a" in the last CSS rule.

    This was a very simple bug and is fixed in my local copy.  Expect it
to be committed
in the next day or two.

>2. When script is used to change the class of the preceding element in
>   an adjacent sibling selector, the subject of the CSS rule isn't
>   changed.
>
>     http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~clm/local/csstest2.svg
>
>   The under rect should be white and the over rect should be blue.
>
>   The same problem happens when using descendent selectors.

    This is a very deep 'bug' (really a missing feature) The CSSEngine
assumes that it
only needs to rerun the CSS cascade for element's that change.  What it
really needs to
do is rerun the CSS for any element that 'touched' that element when
running the
cascade (even if the match failed).  Sorry, but don't expect a fix for
this anytime soon.
It would be helpful if you could file it as a Bug in Bugzilla.