Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jimm <cl...@gmx.de> on 2003/09/03 18:07:54 UTC

Shutting down the server

Hello everybody,

today, we were trying to integrating tomcat in an other application, by
reflecting the bootstrap classes,
like the script in bin/ do. My question is now, if it's possible to shutdown
the server by calling stop
instead of start on the same object (
org.apache.tomcat.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stop() )?

I don't want to generate local IP-trafic and I don't want to call a external
shutdown script.  ....or to build
up a second server by reflecting which will call the first server to
shutdown...

Hey, if have a good solution I would be very happy... :-)

Regards, Jimm

Re: Shutting down the server

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
For integration, you should call o.a.c.startup.BootstrapService instead of
Bootstrap.  Bootstrap blocks its calling thread, so the only way to unblock
it is to generate the IP traffic.

For BootstrapService, the order of the calls is:
1) init(org.apache.commons.daemon.DaemonContext)
2) start()
3) stop()
4) destroy()

"Jimm" <cl...@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello everybody,
>
> today, we were trying to integrating tomcat in an other application, by
> reflecting the bootstrap classes,
> like the script in bin/ do. My question is now, if it's possible to
shutdown
> the server by calling stop
> instead of start on the same object (
> org.apache.tomcat.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stop() )?
>
> I don't want to generate local IP-trafic and I don't want to call a
external
> shutdown script.  ....or to build
> up a second server by reflecting which will call the first server to
> shutdown...
>
> Hey, if have a good solution I would be very happy... :-)
>
> Regards, Jimm
>
> --
> COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
> 1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
> 2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualit�tssieger!
> 3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday - 8.
e-Post