Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by "Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)" <c....@utwente.nl> on 2013/07/01 10:07:58 UTC

Re: Replacement for iGoogle gadgetsettings

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 03:32:51PM -0400, Ryan Baxter wrote:
> Thanks Charl!  Are you interested in contributing something more
> formal, maybe in the way of a wiki article?  Or better yet a patch to
> the shindig 2.0 code base so that we could do a release with you code
> in it?

I would most certainly like to try my hand at integrating this directly into Shindig 2.0.

That actually sounds like the most logical place for it, but I didn't want to "fork" the code base on my own.

If you would consider including this in a release, that would be awesome, although it will need to be tested much more thoroughly first.

Am I correct that this needs to be integrated into the following subversion branch?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/branches/2.0.x/

I might need to reformat the code as well to fit into your code conventions, but it seems like the link to the wiki is broken on:

http://shindig.apache.org/code_conventions.html

Best Regards,
Charl

--
Charl van Niekerk
ICT Service Centre

Re: Replacement for iGoogle gadgetsettings

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)
<c....@utwente.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 05:25:55PM -0400, Ryan Baxter wrote:
>> I just did
>>
>> $ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/branches/2.0.x shindig-2.0.x
>> $ cd shindig-2.0.x
>> $ mvn
>>
>> And everything build successfully.  I believe the default goal set in
>> the pom is install which includes compile, try that.
>
> Found the problem - it appears I was building with OpenJDK 6. I selected OpenJDK 7 as my default Java version and the build was successful (mvn compile works too).
>
> The virtual machine I use to run the Shindig 2.0.x release has Oracle Java 6 installed. Should have checked this first, my bad.
>
> Now on to integrating the code... If I have questions regarding this, should I ask them on shindig-dev instead?
Yes that is the best place.

Posted by "Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)" <c....@utwente.nl>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
I just did

$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/branches/2.0.x shindig-2.0.x
$ cd shindig-2.0.x
$ mvn

And everything build successfully.  I believe the default goal set in
the pom is install which includes compile, try that.

Posted by "Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)" <c....@utwente.nl>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Niekerk, C. van (Charl, ICTS)" <c....@utwente.nl>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.