Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Weston, Toby" <to...@Misys.com> on 2005/11/18 15:21:09 UTC

Newbie Multiproject question

Hi Guys,

Probably a silly question but can I use the multiple projects plugin for
projects that aren't under the standard (single?) folder structure?

ie, instead of having;

projectroot
projectroot\project.xml

projectroot\projectA
projectroot\projectA\projectA.xml

projectroot\projectB
projectroot\projectB\project.xml

I'd like;

projectroot\
projectroot\project.xml (the 'parent')

projectA
projectA\projectA.xml

projectB
projectB\project.xml

I was thinking you could have something like;

maven.multiproject.includes=../projectA/project.xml

in the properties for the root project (project.properties?). Does that make
any sense at all!? When I try, it seems the multi project plugin doesn't
recognise the sub-projects, ie,

maven -X multiproject:goal -Dgoal=java:compile

outputs;

multiproject:projects-init:
    [echo] Gathering project list
Starting the reactor...
Our processing order:
Starting the reactor...
using existing list of projects: []
Our processing order:
attaining goal build:end

which I assume means it hasn't found anything (as it didn't do the compile).
I added maven.multiproject.type entries in each sub-projects properties.

Any tips would be much appreciated. The reason for trying this BTW is just
because I have legacy projects and I'd like to keep the change history in
CVS rather than move them to a more standard structure.

Thanks in advance,
Toby

Re: Newbie Multiproject question

Posted by Michael Böckling <mi...@giniality.com>.
Hi Toby,

you can't "change directories" with the includes/excludes expression.
But instead, you can try the following:

maven.multiproject.basedir=${basedir}/../
maven.multiproject.includes=projectA/project.xml

This is because the directory scanner will scan all subdirs of
maven.multiproject.basedir and match them against the given expressions.

Cheers,
Michael Böckling

--
Giniality AG - Michael Böckling; Steinenberg 21, CH-4051 Basel
P: +41 61 226 99 63 - F: +41 61 226 99 69