Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@apache.org> on 2015/04/15 23:46:26 UTC

VOTE: move to git

Hi.
We’ve been discussing this some time ago; this time I¹d like to start an
official vote about moving Hive project to git from svn.

I volunteer to facilitate the move; that seems to be just filing INFRA
jira, and following instructions such as verifying that the new repo is
sane.

Please vote:
+1 move to git
0 don’t care
-1 stay on svn

+1.

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by pandeeswaran bhoopathy <pa...@me.com>.
+1

-Pandeesh

Sent from my iPhone

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Vivek Shrivastava <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Chao Sun <ch...@cloudera.com>.
+1. Looking forward to seeing it get implemented.

--
Best,
Chao

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
I'm all for clarity.  Git makes me nervous, but I'm sure I'll get used to
it with a little help from my friends.

The wiki would need to be updated by someone who knows more about git than
I do.  Ignoring some contributor meeting minutes, "svn" occurs in 14 Hive
wiki pages
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?queryString=svn&where=Hive&type=page&startIndex=0>.
Make that 13 because we can ignore PhabricatorCodeReview
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/PhabricatorCodeReview>.

-- Lefty

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
I opened HIVE-10486 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10486> "Update
wiki for switch from svn to git" and listed all the wikidocs that need
revision.

-- Lefty

Re: VOTE: move to git

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.