Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by jason sackett <ja...@home.com> on 2002/01/17 17:46:35 UTC

myRemoteDelivery

Working with JAMES 1.21, I tried to do as suggested by Serge and then Danny
with the RemoteDelivery Mailet.. There are three attemps shown below.  The
first is trying to (as per what I could get from the Mailet API JavaDocs)
send the mail through the error processor.  The second was just trying to
send the mail through any processor.  The third is just a hard-coded
postmaster address.  I got the same infinite loop exceptions shown after
with either case.  I guess I am missing something on how to either have this
error mail go to postmaster or send it through to another processor.  Any
insight is much appreciated.  Also, I do not know what the reference to the
processor <ghost> is;  I do have a mailet called GhostDelivery and a matcher
caller RecipientIsGhost though.
            try {
                //getMailetContext().bounce(mail, reason);
    Vector recips = new Vector();
    recips.addElement(getMailetContext().getPostmaster().toString());

getMailetContext().sendMail(getMailetContext().getPostmaster(),(Collection)r
ecips,mail.getMessage(),"error");
            } catch (MessagingException me) {

    recips.addElement("postmaster@localhost");

getMailetContext().sendMail(getMailetContext().getPostmaster(),(Collection)r
ecips,mail.getMessage());
            } catch (MessagingException me) {

Exception in processor <error>
java.lang.ArrayStoreException
        at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
        at java.util.Vector.toArray(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.verifyMailAddresses(LinearProcess
or.java:195)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:125)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
166)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:142)
        at org.apache.avalon.utils.recycle.pool.Worker.run(Worker.java:113)
Exception in processor <ghost>
org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Unable to find processor ghost
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
163)

Re: Upgrade

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
I start it ( nightly build)
it work fine, but how to copy all users, mail list, conf-file, boxes
etc. ???

i not use database......

best regards
vasko

Error: Cannot resolve your domain when sending outbound mails

Posted by Thomas Jachmann <ho...@gmx.de>.
I just set up James as our internal corporate mail server and tested sending
outbound mail. I managed to send mails to several servers, but not to my
address at GMX. I configured James to notify the sender if anything gets
wrong and this is the message I get:

> Hi. This is the James mail server at mm-goofy.
> I' m afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

> hoto99@gmx.de
> 552 {mx026-rz3} Cannot resolve your domain - ungueltiger Domain-Name in
Adresse

The fact that the last part of the error message is german (translation:
address contains invalid domain name) points out that it should be something
with DNS. But I can telnet to port 25 or gmx.de with no problems. I think it
has something to do with the names of the servers GMX uses (mx026-rz3), that
confuses James. Any hints of how to fix this will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Thomas

Re: How to copy users and mail-list

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The DB mail repository has not changed.  The file mail repository fileformat
has not changed, although Avalon has made some naming changes so a trivial
converter will be needed.  The user repository (db and file) have changed
some, so someone will need to write a little converter.  Hopefully this
shouldn't be very difficult, but nobody has stepped up to do it at this
point.

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.

Upgrade

Posted by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg>.
how to upgrade .. without problems from 1.2.1 to nightly
build............

i have oround 1000 users currently .. without database.....

RE: myRemoteDelivery

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
GHOST is the conceptual equivalent of "destroy this mail", I'm not sure,
therefore, why you should see this error "org.apache.mailet.MailetException:
Unable to find processor ghost"

I'd suggest you try v2, the latest "nightly" build is looking increasingly
like remaining substantially unchanged for the next v2 release, and has a
number of performance and stability enhancements over v1 (plus the POP3 bug
is fixed..)

d.