Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Burgess, Jay" <jb...@delanotech.com> on 2001/04/25 17:10:49 UTC

RE: unsubscribe problems - 2 comments

First, it's very simple if you follow the instructions in the welcome email.
I just did it for numerous lists the morning, both unsubscribing an
alternate alias and re-subscribing a new.  Unfortunately, lots of people
don't keep the welcome email, and the info isn't on the site as far as I can
tell (or at least it's not clearly marked).

Surely, someone managing the website could add the following to the top of
the lists page, put it in red, draw a box around it, and title it
"Subscribe/Unsubscribe":

Jay

Posted by Mike Braden <mi...@nc.rr.com>.
I guess no one pays attention to the mail list page with the links to
unsubscribe.

I do agree that it would be nice to have the instructions on that page,
though.

Maybe along with the instructions on not sending HTML format mail.  Of
course,
of no-one actually reads them...  ;-)

Mike.
--
Mike Braden
CNE, MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, Sun Comp 2k Enterprise
It seems like many people are sending to
tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
Try sending to
tomcat-user-unsubscribe-john=host.domain@jakarta.apache.org
substituting your modified email address
e.g. tomcat-user-unsubscribe-mtaylor=netonomy.com@jakarta.apache.org